Boutique Bankruptcy and Student Loan Law Firm Serving Broward, Miami-Dade, and Palm Beach Counties
LSS Law was founded by Jonathan Leiderman, Zach Shelomith, Ido Alexander and Christian Somodevilla in 2016, as the culmination of a merger between two existing and well-respected boutique bankruptcy law firms. The predecessor law firms built an excellent reputation across South Florida, handling both personal and corporate bankruptcy matters, including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases, as well as state court Assignments for the Benefit of Creditors and student loan law matters. Our team carried that solid reputation and valuable experience to create the LSAS team you see today.
What Makes Us the Right Law Firm for You?
At LSS Law, we purposely limit our primary practice to bankruptcy law and student loan law, so our clients receive the individual attention they need and deserve. This ensures our attorneys can interact with each client through every step of the legal process.
In addition to our outstanding personal service, we provide:
- Vast experience: We have more than 70 years of combined legal experience practicing bankruptcy law. We have worked with, and continue to work with, bankruptcy trustees and creditors, giving us a unique and valuable perspective on the entire bankruptcy process. While our primary practice is limited to bankruptcy law, we are a full service bankruptcy law firm, meaning we can handle all types of bankruptcy cases, including liquidations and reorganizations. In addition, as a natural extension of our bankruptcy practice, we provide student loan law services and help you take charge of your student loan debt.
- Compassionate approach: We understand that dealing with bankruptcy issues and/or student loan debt can be frustrating. Our approach is that we treat you with respect, compassion, and understanding. We ensure that every case is handled with the utmost care, precision, and expertise. Unlike bankruptcy “mills”, which churn out client after client, we provide you with the personal care and attention that you deserve, through every step of the legal process.
- Reputation and respect in the legal community: Our firm’s attorneys have been selected to the Florida Super Lawyers list and the Florida Rising Stars list, and we’ve been recognized as up-and-comers by the South Florida Legal Guide and Florida Legal Elite. We are also frequent lecturers at seminars and community programs, speaking about bankruptcy law and student loan law to attorneys and the general public. Our firm, Jonathan Leiderman, and Zach Shelomith, are AV Preeminent Rated Attorneys, awarded by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, for having obtained the highest possible peer-review rating for their ethical standards and legal ability.
Our firm represents debtors, creditors, and bankruptcy trustees in all aspects of bankruptcy cases, including litigation and appeals, handling both liquidations and reorganizations. We also proudly assist individuals with taking charge of their student loan debt. We have two offices to best serve our clients in downtown Miami and suburban Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and we proudly handle bankruptcy and student loan matters throughout the state of Florida.
Choosing LSAS is Easy
We purposely limit our practice to bankruptcy/insolvency law, student loan law as well as related areas of law, so that our clients can have the individual attention that they need and deserve. This ensures that our attorneys can interact with each client through every step of the legal process.
Our focus on bankruptcy/insolvency issues and our combined 80 years of experience have given us the unique qualification and perspective to provide assistance to all parties involved in bankruptcy proceedings. Our bankruptcy attorneys have handled all chapters of bankruptcy and have provided representation to parties on all sides of the table in bankruptcy/insolvency cases, including representation of bankruptcy trustees. Our attorneys proudly assist individuals with student loan debt problems, and have done so for several years. Our student loan law services are unique and custom-made for your individual student loan issue.
Our diverse experience and strong backgrounds within these fields ensure we can provide the representation you are entitled to.
Why Choose Us as Your Attorneys?
We understand there are many bankruptcy firms marketing their services to choose from. However, not all firms have the depth and breadth of experience that LSS Law can provide you with.
We’re Provide Comprehensive Legal Help
When you are represented by our firm, you will have the confidence of knowing that we can provide assistance with ALL aspects of your bankruptcy case. We are your final stop to your search for a solution to your problem. Our experience representing clients in all types of bankruptcy cases means we will stay along your side throughout the process, even if a switch to a different type of bankruptcy is necessary, and we will see your bankruptcy case through to completion.
We Can Implement Personalized Strategies
We also take pride in helping clients avoid the need to file bankruptcy by exploring alternatives to bankruptcy and weighing the pros and cons of pursing the bankruptcy path. We have a full array of tools in our toolbox when it comes to solving debt problems. No stone is left unturned prior to the decision to file bankruptcy, as it is a decision with many implications down the road. Therefore, all options should be explored and given consideration before proceeding with filing a bankruptcy case.
With our laser-like focus on bankruptcy/insolvency law, we are a full-service boutique bankruptcy law/insolvency firm. What does that mean for you? Whether it is your business failing and in need of reorganization or even liquidation, or you are living under a debt burden that makes life stressful and unmanageable, we can help sort through the problem, devise a strategy, and deploy it. A fresh start is just around the corner.
We Help a Variety of Clients
As a natural extension to our bankruptcy practice, we provide student loan law services and help you manage your student loan debt. Because we represent debtors, creditors and trustees, the scope of our experience ensures that we can look at all aspects of your case, consider the issues from all angles and provide you with the advice you need to best protect your interests.
Learn More About Our Firm
We care about our clients, the service we provide and helping you find real solutions to your problems. We work to provide the highest level of service at affordable prices to achieve the desired outcomes as efficiently as possible.
You can learn more about us by reviewing the following:
Extensive Qualifications and Hands-On Experience
When choosing a lawyer, you need more than just promises about what an attorney can do for you. It is important to ensure that the legal professionals who will be advocating and advising you are leading professionals within the field of bankruptcy/insolvency and student loan law.
The backgrounds that our attorneys bring to the table speak for themselves in demonstrating our knowledge, skill and ability:
- Our attorneys are AV Preeminent Rated Attorneys, awarded by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, for having obtained the highest possible peer-review rating for their ethical standards and legal ability
- Our attorneys have been selected to the Florida Super Lawyers list and the Florida Rising Stars list. Only 5 percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Florida Super Lawyers list and only 2.5 percent of eligible lawyers in the state were selected to the Florida Rising Stars list.
- Our attorneys have a 10.0 top Avvo rating and have been selected as Up and Comers by Florida Trend Magazine and the South Florida Legal Guide
- Our attorneys have served as judicial clerks for bankruptcy judges in the Southern District of Florida
- All of our attorneys are members of the Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- Our attorneys hold leadership roles within the Bankruptcy Bar, including President Elect, Immediate Past President and Committee Chairs
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers at seminars and community programs, speaking about bankruptcy law and student loan law to attorneys and the general public, including international audiences through the American Bankruptcy Institute
Members of our legal team have also done pro bono work in the field of bankruptcy, held membership roles on the Bankruptcy Court Pro Bono Steering Committee and have lectured on Credit Abuse Resistance and other bankruptcy and debt-related matters.
Contact Us Today to Learn More
We are proud of our leadership roles and of the recognition we have received, but we are most proud of the service we provide to clients as they navigate the complex bankruptcy/insolvency and student loan law process.
Whether you are an individual seeking to discharge or reorganize your debts, a business unable to pay its debts and considering its options, a creditor who is owed money by a bankruptcy debtor, an unwilling participant in a bankruptcy proceeding, or a student loan borrower unable to pay your monthly amounts, our lawyers are here and ready to help. Our legal team represents bankruptcy clients throughout the State of Florida and bankruptcy debtors throughout the Southern District of Florida, with concentration in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach.
Call today to schedule a consultation and learn more. Everyone deserves a fresh start, so let’s begin today!
“Excellent company to work with providing timely advice and guidance.”
“.... very attentive, patient and knowledgeable”
“Well prepared, great attention to detail, and very empathetic to my needs.”
“I felt extremely well represented [by LSAS Attorneys] during the whole process.”
“[A]n amazing attorney to work with, extremely thorough, hands on and always available for any questions or concerns that you have.”